Do you eat fish? A recent study has shown the amazing benefits of omega-3 fatty acids for those in their 40s and 50s. The conclusion was that if your diet includes some omega-3 fatty acids you can protect your brain from indicators of brain aging that are typically seen at middle age. Want to know the specifics?
- Higher omega 3 intake was associated with increases in the part of the brain involved in learning and memory
- Higher omega 3 intake was associated with better ability to understand complex concepts and use logical thinking
Don’t eat fish? Although these are a wonderful source, there are many ways you can get your omegas in. Here are a few sources:
- Chia Seeds (approx 5g per serving)
- Flaxseeds (approx 2g per serving)
- Walnuts (approx 2.5g per serving)
- Soybeans (approx 670mg per serving)
You can also use a supplement with appropriate dosing but it is important to speak with your practitioner to get a good quality one as there are many out there.
Read the article here- https://n.neurology.org/content/early/2022/10/05/WNL.0000000000201296
Don’t want to miss any critical information? Sign up here
In happiness & healthy hormones,