Botanical medicine is the traditional use of safe and effective herbs for a number of conditions.
Dr. Laura uses herbs from both a traditional and evidence based medicine perspective in the form of teas, tinctures and capsules to treat a variety of acute and chronic conditions.
Herbal therapies can be very effective in treating a number of conditions and when dosed appropriately can provide a safe alternative to many conventional treatments. Herbs have been used traditionally for many years to treat numerous ailments without many harsh side effects. Treating with botanical medicine hones the benefit of using the entire herb which contains many working constituents, as opposed to one isolated constituent, which are then able to work together in harmony. Herbs are a gentle way to help the body take part in its own healing mechanisms without overwhelming systems which were not meant to be the original target.
Many conditions can be treated with botanical medicine either alone or in conjunction with conventional medication including (but not limited to):
- Acute Infections- colds, flus, urinary tract infections (mild)
- Chronic conditions - Diabetes, Heart disease
- Autoimmune conditions
- Women's health concerns- hormonal balancing, menstrual irregularities, menopause, infertility, pregnancy
- Mens healthy conditions- infertility, prostate conditions
- Skin Conditions- psoriasis, eczema
- Digestive Conditions